Affiliate Marketing Mentor – How to Find a Good One
Affiliate marketing can be confusing. Every day someone is telling you some “new and never seen before” method of making money online. The truth is that while techniques come and go, the people who truly make money with this use the same principles over and over again. So you do not need really the latest “shiny object.” What you need is someone who has actually done what you want to do to guide you and show you the real strategies.
Affiliate Marketing Mentor – How to Find a Coach Who Has Actually Made Money Online
There are a lot of supposed “gurus” out there, who claim that they can teach you affiliate marketing. Most make more money selling courses than they do actually building a full time income as an affiliate. So you need to be careful on who you choose as a mentor.
Here are a few things to look for:
- Have you actually heard of them before? I know that that seems like a silly thing but really think about it. Does this person have the street cred or just a nice sales page.
- Have you seen them on leaderboards on jvzoo or warrior forums? If they are on the leaderboards then they are banking some serioius cash.
- Do they have a good reputation? There are some guys and gals on the leaderboards that have a fantastic reputation for giving back to the community. They actually care about your success. There are also others who are known for trying to squeeze the last buck out of your wallet.
What is Your Budget?
There are some affiliate mentors that cost quite a bit to get one on one coaching with. Many of them are worth every penny and if you have a higher budget to work with, go with one of them. First though, check them out and see what others who have received coaching from them have to say.
I have personally had a half a dozen mentors and each taught me a lot. In the beginning though, you can learn a lot from a mentor that does not charge an absolute fortune. If you are pinching your pennies in the beginning, and yes we have all been there, go for a mentor with a great reputation who does not cost a fortune and has a good reputation.
One way to do this is by joining a mentor who does group coaching with small groups.Again, check their reputation and see how many testimonials and success stories they have. Are there more compliments than complaints?
Winners vs Whiners
Since I have mentioned reviews, almost every mentor that I have found has had both good and bad reviews. I read as many as I can before hiring them, unless I really know them well.
If the reviews are mostly good I go for it. I am careful with the negative reviews. I look at was the coach bad or did the person who hired him not want to put in the actual work. With all of these push this button and make a million dollars advertisements, it can be easy for some to forget that they are building an actual business online. Yes, affiliate marketing is a business. It does take work and yet, in my opinion, it is the easiest way to make money online. Some people expect miracles on their first day with their mentor. You have to remember, these are people who coach you to success not magicians.
Who Do I Recommend?
Here are coaches that I have worked with that have walked the talk, helped me find success and actually care:
- Mark Barett – wonderful one on one coach – he only takes on a few students a year and really cares about your success – charges $1000 and up. If you can get in with him and can afford him, he is one of my favorite coaches.
- Simple Spencer – group coaching that actually teaches you simple ways to make money. I have learned ALOT being on these calls. You will actually get your questions answered here and learn strategies that really work. Typically $500 but sometimes runs specials
- Jonathan Mizell – he was one of my first mentors and is one of the higher costing mentors. I am not sure if he still coaches.
Finding a great affiliate mentor can take a bit of research. Go with someone with a solid reputation that fits your budget.